Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (Full Version)

All Forums >> [.NET Compact Framework Development] >> .NET Compact Framework - VB.NET

st3chung -> Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/16/2005 11:43:35 PM)

hii, i am plan to develop a simple bluetooth chat program for my pocketPC 2003(Ipaq h2210) to chat with another bluetooth pocketPC. But i am new in bluetooth and .net compact framework. Anybody can tell me what should i do? i have try the method which post in
"Devx" website but it cannot work..

st3chung -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/17/2005 1:55:47 AM)

DeVx webside:
http://www.devx.com/wireless/Article/11511/1954?pf=true

Anybody who knows Opennetcf ?
what is opennetcf actually ? and how to make it works?

petevick -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/17/2005 3:06:39 AM)

Hi,
opennetcf is an open source group of controls, used by the majority of developers ( I guess) to fill in the holes in the compact framework.

You can just download the binaries, and install, and the toolsa appear in your toolbox.

Pete

st3chung -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/17/2005 5:32:57 AM)

the binaries u said, is it the smart device v1.3? in the opennetcf has the bluetooth libraries right, do you have any idea on how to use that libraries to develop a bluetooth application?

aactually i have no idea how to send message via pocketpc's com port serial. Where can i find some example?

petevick -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/17/2005 5:50:59 AM)

Hi,
no - not used it yet. As I said, just treat the bluetooth as a serial port. The Opennetcf SDF has a ful help file

Pete

st3chung -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/17/2005 6:17:42 AM)

u say no is mean not to install smart device v 1.3? then where can i download those binaries?

petevick -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/17/2005 7:38:10 AM)

I mean no - I have not used the bluetooth. Download 1.3 install from http://www.opennetcf.org/PermaLink.aspx?guid=3a013afd-791e-45ef-802a-4c1dbe1cfef9

Pete

st3chung -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/18/2005 12:40:27 AM)

thanks pete, i had download the smartDeviceFramework v1.3 zip file. inside the folder, there have a few OpenNETCF folder such as: -OpenNETCF, -OpenNETCF.data, -OpenNETCF.drawing,
-OpenNETCF.net, -OpenNETCF.phone, -OpenNETCF.visualbasic, -OpenNETCF.window.form, -OpenNETCF.windowce.form ...

which 1 i should install? and each seem like a program not setup file.

thanks...

petevick -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/18/2005 2:08:09 AM)

Hi,
if you download the binaries, the zip file just contains a setup program

Pete

st3chung -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/18/2005 5:17:58 AM)

hii pete,
except using OpenNetCF, any other method that i can use to develop a blutooth enable program? actually what i want to do now is to develop a application that can send message via blutooth to the other device.

as you mention last time, just treat the bluetooth as a serial port. if without OpenNetCF help, can i just simply control the serial port? how?

according to an article that i search on the net, wei meng lee was used the functions provided by Windows CE 3.0's "coredll.dll" library. to open a connection to a COM port! unfortunately, his program do not work on my pocketpc h2210. i do not what is the reason why it doesn't work, maybe mine is winCE 4.2! [&:]

It is urgent because it related to my final project. HELP!!!!!
[:(][:(]

petevick -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/18/2005 6:13:53 AM)

Hi,
if you don't want to use OpenNETCF, then use the techniques from the project you mentioned. Why do they not work for you? What errors do you get?

Dick Grier also has some serial code - www.hardandsoftware.net

Pete

st3chung -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/18/2005 6:52:17 AM)

the bad thing is i do not what was happened. i use my pocketPC(ipaq h2210) with Input port:5 and output port:8 , and try to connect with ipaq 3870 which with input port:7 and output port:8

before deploy into the devices, i had changed the input and output port according to the devices' serial port.
while i test the application, ipaq 3870 can send message but ipaq h2210 cannot receive. when i send message with ipaq 2210, it show me error message send!

until now i still do not know what problem was occured!

st3chung -> RE: Develop Bluetooth application using VB.net (5/19/2005 10:02:00 PM)

hii,
did anyone tried peter Foot's bluetooth chat sample before? i had built a cab file and send to my ipaq h2210 with window mobile 2003, but when i install the application, it show me a message :

"BluetoothChat requires the installation of OpenNETCF.SDF.pp3.ARM.CAB for it to run properly. Install the cab file before running this application"

actually what happen with this situation? i had install the openNETCF smartDevice framework, and the bluetooth.dll to my PC. did i do something wrong? or anything i have miss?

actually what i done is first run the sample using the emulator in the VS.net, but it has PocketPC networking problem. it show a message :"A device with a same name is already on the network".

after that, i try deploy using pocketpc device but it show a message :"OpenNETCF.SDF v1.3 is already installed. re-install?" if i click yes then continue but cannot test with the other device.

Then i try build a cab file and send the cab file to my device and install. after that, it show me a problem just like what i mentioned just now!

what was happen? did i do something wrong?

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode